Includes ISO9001:2008 changes
Graduates of QAI's Internal Audit class have actual audit experience. Your students will be ready to conduct audits as soon as they return from the class. In fact, we strongly recommend that students have an internal audit scheduled for themselves upon the return to the facility.
Onsite Training Tip: When conducting this class as an onsite training class, hire QAI for an extra day to perform hands-on coaching using your system documentation.
Who should attend?
- Persons interested in becoming ISO9001 Internal Auditors at their company
- Persons interested in learning about QMS Process Auditing
- Previously trained auditors that are seeking to improve their performance as internal auditors
- Managers and supervisors that might never perform an audit but could use some help on how to be a better auditee
- Employees seeking to enhance their qualifications to climb the company ladder
- Persons considering entering the marketplace as QMS managers
- Anyone interested in learning about ISO9001
About the course:
Students in this course receive a rounded view of the ISO9000 systems as a whole. They'll learn about the history of quality leading up to ISO9001. In addition to talking about ISO9001 students begin to understand how the QMS fits into the company management system so that students can understand the positive impact that a good QMS can have on the bottom-line. They learn about the specific requirements of the ISO9001 standard and relate the requirements back to the big picture view of the company.
A series of progressive learning, hands-on, practice process auditing exercises utilizing specially developed actual QMS documentation, designed by professional auditors. Students learn to develop process audit skills in a measured approach that improves long-term results for the company. Students learn how to write effective audit reports. A brief discussion of correction action concludes the course. Graduates will have experience auditing, writing effective, objective reports that provide management the opportunity needed to make more effective corrective actions.
This course provides the chance to practice auditing with other individuals at like skill levels (beginners and intermediates) in a controlled, classroom environment under the guidance of internationally certified auditors and course facilitators. Students leave this course with actual audit experience having participated in 4-6 fun and interactive mock audit scenarios staged by QAI course designers.
Because students leave this class with actual auditing experience this is probably the best class of its type available for persons that really prefer to put the knowledge and skills to work. If you are looking for a lecture oriented only class this is not the place for you. It is 16 hours of fast paced learning.
As always with all QAI classes, this class is taught by professional and internationally certified ISO auditors that have been there and done that many times. Training is a chance for experienced persons to help by transferring skills and knowledge acquired to students that want to learn.
- Understand the evolution of Quality Management systems
- Understand the management perspective of ISO9001
- Understand the financial impact of effective and ineffective QMS
- Understand the requirements of ISO9001
- To be able to interpret ISO9000 standards from an auditor's point of view
- To create qualified internal auditors that can probe to help provide good feedback about how well the Quality Management System is working
- To develop, know, and understand the purpose of an ISO9001 internal auditing system that is based on the ISO 19011 auditing guidelines
- Understand the Process Approach of ISO9001
- To Learn Process Auditing
- How to plan and prepare for an internal audits
- How to construct effective audit checklists to help find the objective evidence needed to make internal audits work for your company, not to just find fault
- Understand that the audit checklist is just the starting point for an ISO process audit
- Learn what to look for in the company's documentation to help you audit
- Learning to follow the audit trail
- How to write the audit report
- Learn how to be objective
- How to discard non-objective evidence
- Students leave this course with hands-on auditing experience.
Course Hours: 8a-5p Daily
* Introduction to ISO9001
* The history of Quality
* Understanding the Process Approach
* Making ISO fit with your business systems
* Levels of control - Making ISO a profit focused system
* Overview of the ISO9001 standard: clauses 4-8
* Class Size Case Studies
* Group Size Case Studies
- applying the standard in order to understand the
impact on your business
* Documentation and documentation requirements
Course Agenda Day Two
* Designing an Audit System for Success
* Introduction to the Mechanics of Auditing
* How to Prepare for an audit
* Department Self Assessment (Students perform gap analysis)
* Audit Checklist Development
* Interview Techniques - how to ask open ended questions
* Opening Meeting - raising the audit to a professional level
* Perform Process Audits Mock Audits - 3 way practice sessions
* Preparing for Closing Meeting - How to summarize audit findings
* Presenting Audit Findings like a professional with supporting data
* Audit Report Writing and Distribution
* Discuss and describe how the ISO9001 Clauses are Linked
* Perform Second Process Audit Mock Audits - 3 way practice sessions
* Prepare for Closing Meeting
* Present Audit Findings - supporting the findings
* Writing basic corrective action requests.
Successful completion of training: Students that successfully complete this course will pass a series of competency assessments, evaluations, and examinations that will lead to certification as a competent auditor.
Related, complementary courses:
- Problem Solving
- ISO9001 Lead Auditor
- ISO9001 Champion