Students leave this class with actual audit experience. The course includes hands-on practice process auditing exercises that helps beginners and intermediates get comfortable with the entire auditing process. A progressive series of activities helps students become experienced experts in almost no time at all. By the end of the session all students will have participated in 4-6 practice audit session making them 'war-hardened veterans' of auditing.
Who should attend this course?
- Persons interested in becoming effective TS16949 internal auditors for their company
- ISO9000 auditors that need upgrade training
- Managers and Supervisors that might never perform an audit but need to know how to be audited and what to expect in an audit
- Anyone interested in improving their knowledge and skills in TS16949
You'll be ready for real-life audits as soon as the class is over and, in fact, we strongly suggest that you capitalize on your successful classroom experience by having an audit planned for as soon as you return to your facility.
We use an actual QMS documentation set, designed by professional auditors, to help students understand how to ask questions, listen to the answers, and follow the audit/evidence trail. The case study system helps students to learn and aids in the development of process auditing skills.
An in depth look at the TS with emphasis on the interdependence of customer requirements and the core tools makes this class stand head and shoulders above so called competitive classes. Offered frequently in cities around the country and affordably available as an onsite session. If considering this class as an onsite, consider adding a hands-on day of coaching for a nominal fee and our pro's can help your auditors to audit your system.
As always and with all QAI classes, students are taught by professional and internationally certified auditors. QAI's instructors for the automotive industry classes receive special industry specific training several times each year so that our students get experts that are current with this fast paced, always improving industry. You'll get a trainer that is more than just familiar with the automotive industry: you'll get energetic, enthusiastic trainers that are in the know about the industry's QMS requirements.
- A brief history of quality leading up to the TS16949
- To develop, know, and understand the purpose of an ISO/ST16949:2009 internal auditing system that is based on the ISO 19011 auditing guidelines
- Understand the Process Approach of TS
- including use of COPs, MOPs, Turtle Diagrams, and other industry specific techniques
- To how to successfully perform a Process Audit
- Learn to interpret the TS standard from an auditor's point of view
- How to plan and prepare for an internal audits
- How to construct effective audit checklists to help find the objective evidence needed to make internal audits work for your company, not to just find fault
- Understand that the audit checklist is just the starting point for an ISO/TS process audit
- Learn what to look for in the company's documentation to help you audit
- Learning to follow the audit trail
- How to write the audit report
- Learn how to be objective
- How to discard non-objective evidence
- Students leave this course with hands-on auditing experience.
Course Agenda Day One
* Introduction to TS16949
* Course Objectives
* The Process Approach
* Overview of the TS16949
* Process Auditing
* Class Size Case Studies
* Group Size Case Studies
* Designing an Audit System for Success
* Introduction to the Mechanics of Auditing
* How to Prepare for an audit
* Department Self Assessment (Students perform gap analysis)
* Audit Checklist Development
Course Agenda Day Two
* Interview Techniques - how to ask open ended questions
* Opening Meeting - raising the audit to a professional level
* Perform Process Audits Mock Audits - 3 way practice sessions
* Preparing for Closing Meeting - How to summarize audit findings * Presenting Audit Findings like a professional with supporting data
* Audit Report Writing and Distribution
* Discuss and describe how we learned that the TS Clauses are Linked
* Perform Second Process Audit Mock Audits - 3 way practice sessions
* Prepare for Closing Meeting
* Present Audit Findings - supporting the findings
* Course Review and Evaluations
Related, complementary courses:
- Core Tools and Customer Requirements
- TS16949 Lead Auditor