Includes changes as proposed in the ISO9001:2008 draft
*** Effective 1/1/09 - This part number is being discontinued. A new ISO9001 Champion schedule and part number is available for all of 2009 in over 60 great USA Cities . If seeking ISO9001 Champion training in 2009 check out our schedule for the ISO9001:2008 Champion. Same great training: new ISO9000 revision ***
The ISO9001 Champion class is designed for persons that have the little bit of extra time to spare to really learn the standard. The pace is comfortable at 16-hours of training time. The pace allows the students and the instructors the chance to engage and interact, to ask-and-answer questions in an environment that is conducive to a thorough understanding the intent of the ISO9001 standard.
Who Should Attend?
- Management team members new to ISO
- New managers and team members
- Business owners and Managers investigating ISO9001 for their business.
- Internal and Lead Auditors that want to improve their understanding of this QMS standard.
- Persons wanting to become familiar with ISO9001
- EMS Auditors that want to learn about Quality Management Systems
- RABQSA 'competent' EMS Auditors that want to become 'competent' QMS Auditors
- Anyone wanting to learn more about ISO9001
Course Hours: Day One: 8a-5p, Day Two: 8a-noon
- Create successful graduates that have demonstrated competency in the are of Quality Management Systems.
- Make students aware of the new structure of the standard.
- Make students aware of the intent of the new changes and its new emphasis on customer satisfaction and processes.
- Learn about the increased emphasis on top management commitment and responsibility.
- Understand the process model used as the basis for the new standard.
- Understand the affect on you, your business, and your QMS system.
- Understand the eight Quality Management Principles on which the revision is based.
- Understand the Planning and Documentation needs of the new standard in order to better plan for resource allocation.
- Understand the objective evidence needed to show conformance and effectiveness of the Quality Management System
- Highlighted discussion of the changes and additions to the ISO standard.
- Brief history of Quality leading up to the ISO series of standards
- Synopsis of the changes made at each revision level of the ISO9000 standard
- Understand the financial impact of ISO9001 and how to convert ISO9001 into a dollar and cents language for your company
- A comfortably paced and detailed discussion of the clauses 4-8 that comprise the new ISO9001 standard
- Detailed discussion of the changes and intent of changes
- Discussion of the process model
- Discussion and review of the eight quality management principles.
- Discussion of the required and 'Implied to be required' procedures.
- What auditors will look for? How the audit will be performed.
- How to create best practice systems that represent the evolution of the QMS ISO9001
Related, complementary courses:
- ISO9000 Lead Auditor
- Root Cause- Corrective Actions
- QMS Process Auditing
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt