When you implement Lean you can expect any and all of the following benefits:
- lowered workers compensation costs
- reduced customer complaints
- reduce your costs for poor quality
- reduced defects
- increased first pass yields
- reduced order to shipment times
- improved order fill rates
- increase employee value added productivity
- reduced cycle times
- Significant gains in raw materials and inventory turns
- Get more done in less space (optimize your current space)
Lean Champion - Lean Overview training by QAI
This eight hour session is designed to provide a thorough introduction and review of the tools and methods used in a Lean Enterprise implementation. We'll cover resource issues, timing, planning and expectations.
Graduates of this class that are interested getting more hands-on and more detailed explanations of the tools will want to move into the Lean Principles.
Because it is more simplified in its approach and less taxing on human resources than a straight Six Sigma program, Lean is an ideal toolset organizations that are already running thin on resources. It is the type of system and toolset that employees at all levels will openly embrace when they are involved in and help engineer the improvement solutions that make their jobs more productive, easier, safer, better, and more profitable.
In this 8-hour training class, students will learn about:
- Value Stream Mapping
- Set-up reduction
- 5S (and 6S)
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Kaizen Rapid Improvement Events- what they are and how to facilitate them
Lean means speed which leads to opportunities which leads to efficiencies which leads to profitability. Learn how with the guidance of QAI's staff of Lean Experts. We'll direct students to understand and effectively implement methods and tools of Lean that are focused on understanding the process so that it becomes easy to recognize non-value added activities. Elimination of non-value added activities helps promote work standardization and what is known in Lean as one piece flow.
The effects of the positive changes that you and your workforce create helps to:
- Prepare and motivate people
- Involve employees and management
- Share information and manage expectations
- Empower champions, especially managers
- Create an atmosphere of experimentation
- Install realistic performance measures and reward system
- Get solid successes early and start the momentum forward
Students graduating from this class will learn the tools and approaches commonly used in Lean projects so that they can be better Champions of change. Champion will feel comfortable as members of Lean teams working towards improvement projects.