The AS9100 Champion class is designed for persons that have the extra time to spare to really learn the standard. The pace is comfortable at 12-hours of training time. The pace allows the students and the instructors the chance to engage and interact, to ask-and-answer questions in an environment that is conducive to a thorough understanding the intent of the updated AS 9101B standard.
Who Should Attend?
- Management team members new to ISO and AS9100
- New managers and team members
- Business owners and Managers investigating Aerospace markets for their business.
- Internal and Lead Auditors that want to improve their understanding of this QMS standard.
- Persons wanting to become familiar with the Aerospace QMS standard and it's requirements
- EMS Auditors that want to learn about Quality Management Systems built specifically for the Aerospace Industry
- Anyone wanting to learn more about this QMS
Course Hours: Day One: 8a-5p, Day Two: 8a-noon
- Create successful graduates that have demonstrated competency in the area of Quality Management Systems.
- Make students aware of the new structure of the standard.
- Make students aware of the intent of the new changes and its new emphasis on customer satisfaction and processes.
- Learn about the increased emphasis on top management commitment and responsibility.
- Understand the process model used as the basis for the new standard.
- Understand the affect on you, your business, and your QMS system.
- Understand the eight Quality Management Principles on which the revision is based.
- Understand the Planning and Documentation needs of the new standard in order to better plan for resource allocation.
- Understand the objective evidence needed to show conformance and effectiveness of the Quality Management System
- Highlighted discussion of the changes and additions to the ISO standard.
- Brief history of Quality leading up to the ISO series of standards
- Synopsis of the changes made at each revision level of the AS9101B standard
- Understand the financial impact of an effective QMS and how to convert it into dollar and cents language that your management team can understand
- A comfortably paced and detailed discussion of the clauses 4-8 that comprise the new AS 9101B standard
- Detailed discussion of the changes and intent of changes
- Discussion of the process model
- Discussion and review of the eight quality management principles.
- Discussion of the required and 'Implied to be required' procedures.
- What auditors will look for? How the audit will be performed.
- How to create best practice systems that represent the evolution of the QMS ISO9001:2000 and AS 9101B
Related, complementary courses:
- AS9100B Lead Auditor
- Root Cause- Corrective Actions
- QMS Process Auditing
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt